What is Elytra?
Elytra is the simple RSS reader that packs a lot of advanced features like Native Text Rendering, Realtime updates from feeds as well as Dynamic Type Support, Linked Headers and Searchable Text.
Elytra is a completely private experience:
- Automatic Account Setup: An automated account setup ensures the app does not collect or maintain any of your personal information. No additional analytics are collected using 3rd-party services either. This also includes scripts Feeds sometimes inject into articles.
Elytra’s API Hub is also a WebSub Subscriber which enables Elytra’s users to receive push notifications from their favourite publishers in real-time. This is supported on all RSS Feeds which provide their hub information.
Elytra builds on top of iOS’ powerful Text Rendering engine to enable powerful features like:
- Searchable Text: Search for a particular word or phrase throughout the article including image captions.
- Fast Rendering: Text renders very quickly on older devices like the iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S and others so provide a seamless reading experience.
- Voice Over: Elytra ensures entire articles can be read by the Voice Over Engine to assist users with various disabilities.
- Images & Videos: Rich media has become commonplace in articles and Elytra ensures that users are given full control on when and how such content is loaded. Users can enable image loading only when connected to a Wi-Fi network and set image loading preferences based on size options.
- Readability: Elytra supports all Dynamic Type Size variations (some accessibility sizes may not render correctly) for the interface and articles. It also correctly detects and renders Right-to-Left Languages and various South East Asian scripts.
- Light & Dark Themes: Elytra provides a light and dark theme and additionally, a black theme for iPhone X users.
- Code Formatting: Code snippets are formatted correctly and themed as per the App's currently active theme.
Elytra also includes:
- Keyword based filters for articles
- Offline Bookmarks
- Multiple Serif and Sans-Serif Fonts for the Article Viewer
- Native video player integration
- Inline Youtube player
- Author Bios and Author Sections (on some feeds only)
- A Recommendations section for new users based on various metrics.
You can find Elytra's pricing here and answers to some common questions here.
When will Elytra be avilable?
Elytra will be available on the App Store on Wednesday, 5th September, 2018 at 10AM PST, (05PM UTC).
iPhone App Screeshots (iPhone X)
iPhone App Screeshots (iPhone 8)
iPhone App Screeshots (iPhone 8 Plus)
iPad App Screeshots (iPad 9.7in)
iPhone App Screeshots (iPad Pro 12.9in)
If you need additional media assets or more information, please write to me at: email@example.com.